Tuesday 10 May 2016

Black white grey?

Black white !



Equipment

Stamp scruffily little kitten 'Freddie' by crafters companion
Embossing folder pop dotty- just for men by crafters companion
Moment ink black tuxedo
Promarker's ice grey 1-5
Distress ink vintage photo

To make this card I stamped Freddi using momento ink, on super smooth card stock.

I then coloured the image starting with ice grey 1. I coloured the whole image with the promarker. Then working on the face, I used ice grey 2 to colour around the edge about a 1/4 of the way in using small circular motions. Then. Used ice grey 3 colour 1/4 of the area coloured with ice grey 2, then using ice grey 4 I carefully coloured the endless of the face once I had done this I finally coloured over all of the face with ice grey 1 blending all the tones together. I repeated this process over all of the image creating shadow and dimension.

Once the image was coloured I tinted it using vintage photo distress ink.  I mounted it on black card. I then used the embossing folder on a piece of white card, and tinted that with the same distress ink. Mounted the embossed. Are on black card. I placed the stamped image in the centre of the embossed card. I them put the topper on to a blank 7x7 scalloped edge white card.

I enjoyed colouring this card, the idea came from the vintage black and white photos that were often colour tinted.

Here is one I did using the wood ware stamp anenomie , and milled lavender distress ink. And docrafts basket weave embossing folder.




No comments:

Post a Comment