Monday 26 September 2016

Delicate stencils


Have had so much fun playing with my inks this week, in this case seedless preserves and peacock feathers from the distress ink range.

I used super smooth Kraft card by Crafters Companion for this project as it takes inks, alcohol markers and blendable pencils brilliantly. The stencil is from Creative Expressions (damask). The rose and leaf dies are Creative Expressions, the poinsettia is by Spellbinder, I inked through the dies to colour the die cut, they were embossed and shaped befor putting them on the card.

I cut a small mat for the centre to mount the sentiment on which is by Creative Expressions and coloured using the inks after I removed it from the die. I embossed the mat using a embossing folder from the Sara Davis Signature Collection from Crafters Companion. Bothe the centre and the backing layout were matted on to my favorite black card as it helps make each bit pop.

I used the Clarity stencil brushes to blend the inks so I could achieve the gently blend from one colour to the next. As I have found the blending tools with the foam pads tends to give me a heavier saturation of ink and for this project I wanted the softness the brushes gave me.

Hope you like it and keep an eye for my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment